Tuesday 7 February 2012

Be The Change


“You must be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

We can sit here all day and list the many things that are wrong with the world, but I would rather focus on the things I can change. I want to be a good person and I want to teach good values to my children. I want to eat food that is healthy and unprocessed so I can live a long and happy life with my family and friends. In order to achieve these goals, I must step out of the box and seriously consider a different lifestyle. After several years of dreaming and many months of planning, I believe I can bring this idea to life. 


My name is Erin and my husband Jay and I are about to embark on an adventure that not many people would consider, this will be "Our Journey to Sustainability". We are going to sell our home in the suburbs and move out to the country to start a small hobby farm. The house we plan to build will be able to produce it's own power and water, and will have extensive greenhouses so that we are able to grow everything from bananas to blueberries. We hope to lead by example and show others that green living can be easy and affordable. Our home will be open to friends and family who want to relax and get out of the city, and also to those who want to bring some of our fresh organic produce home.

No comments:

Post a Comment